none
Assignment update notification doesn't show comments! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have been searching for an answer but I didn't find one yet. I think is very logical but can make it work.

When Project Manager receives an assignment update notification the comment field appear empty when it should show the note the team member wrote. 

Can you help me to make it work? Thank you in advance.

-----------

Thursday, October 1, 2015 1:04 PM

All replies

• Juan --

Is the team member adding a comment when he submits the update, or is the team member adding a note instead?  Notes and comments are two different entities in Project Server.  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Hello Dale, thank you for your answer,

I understand your point. I'd like PM users to receive in the task update notification the "note" that team member wrote when updating the task. How can i do?

Monday, October 5, 2015 9:51 AM
  • Hi Juan

As Dale told, comments and notes are different entities. Notes are by default not reflected in Emails sent to the Project Manager by PWA. However, if Project Manager wants to see these notes, these are available on Approval Page of PWA. Click on the task which was pending for approval and a pop up appears where, notes are also available which was written by Team Member.

Thanks

Manish

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hello Manish, thank you for your answer,

Then what is the function of the comments field?

Is there a simple way to show task notes on this notification email?

Thank you :)

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Hi Juan

No, as per my knowing, notes are not automatically sent to Project Manager via EMail.

However Team Members can find a option to write comment while sending a task for approval. And that comment should be visible in the Mail.

This option can be found in Tasks page --> Task ribbon.

Thanks

Manish

Monday, October 5, 2015 12:45 PM
  • Hello again,

Now everything is clear, thank you for your answers!

Juan

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:33 PM