App-v Project 2013 / C2R / User Settings RRS feed

• Question

• So I have used C2R to create an Appv package and have published and and and.
    Everybody was happy until users now want specific option set all the time to be applied to all. Now I know using a typical install we can use the customisation tool to set settings and then run it as part of the MSI setup.
    My question is how do you apply this now to an Appv'd package.

Example is to change the "Week starts date from Monday to Sunday"

Friday, November 13, 2015 11:57 AM

Answers

• You can use the Office group policy Template files, download here.

Or modify registry keys/files using the Dynamic Configuration files.

Twitter | Blog | App-V Deployment Whitepaper | Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1 eBook

If you see a post that helped you please click Vote As Helpful and if it answered your question please click Mark As Answer.
    This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, November 13, 2015 2:46 PM
  • Though I'm not sure about the registry keys. But, I can give you an option how to find the ones responsible for the change.

Take any snapshot tool such as Picture Taker, PRISM or any other. Copy it to a machine where Microsoft Project is already Installed. Launch Project to avoid any unwanted changes that will get captured for first launch. Run first scan-->Open Project & change the week start day from Sunday to Monday & Close Project-->Do Post scan. Review it to find the added/Modified Keys.

Please note, if the key that you get is under HKLM\Software\Policies then it is recommended to use GPO.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:37 AM

All replies

• You can use the Office group policy Template files, download here.

Or modify registry keys/files using the Dynamic Configuration files.

Twitter | Blog | App-V Deployment Whitepaper | Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1 eBook

If you see a post that helped you please click Vote As Helpful and if it answered your question please click Mark As Answer.
    This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, November 13, 2015 2:46 PM
  • Thanks, but I don't want to use the GPO way as there are too many individuals wanting their own configuration.
    Where in the registry do these settings sit so that I can look at the various keys.
    Monday, November 16, 2015 4:33 AM
  • Though I'm not sure about the registry keys. But, I can give you an option how to find the ones responsible for the change.

Take any snapshot tool such as Picture Taker, PRISM or any other. Copy it to a machine where Microsoft Project is already Installed. Launch Project to avoid any unwanted changes that will get captured for first launch. Run first scan-->Open Project & change the week start day from Sunday to Monday & Close Project-->Do Post scan. Review it to find the added/Modified Keys.

Please note, if the key that you get is under HKLM\Software\Policies then it is recommended to use GPO.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:37 AM