none
Mapping of resources from Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition.

Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 Enterprise Edition December 2016 CU / Project Server 2013 SP1 Dec 2016 CU

We have many projects and would like to add resources to them.

We have a Resources Names column that we view in our Schedule for the subproject.  We have put in three generic Resource Names - TBA1, TBA2, TBA3 to indicate three groups of resources we would like to use.  For instance the groups could be Engineers, DBA's, Administrators. 

Want to know how we can get the TBA1 to pull in automatically from Active Directory.
    How do you add resources by role then later add them by name?

We know we need resources for a project, but we don't know at the time of starting the schedule, who will be added.

We have gone to PWA Settings and go to Operational Policies and see Active Directory Resources Pool Synchronization and pulled in security groups that we setup in AD.  We were able to synchronize successfully!

When we go to Resource Center and we have the name, etc.  We have a column for Group that is the Department field from A.D. and we wonder if there is a way to have the name "DBA" or "Support Engineer" put into that or used for the Resource Names field that used to have TBA1, TBA2, TBA3.

The idea is that I am in I.T. and others are in Engineering, and Sales, etc.  People might be in different AD specified Departments, however we want to somehow associate them with a group.  I.T. - 2 people, are for or known as "Support Engineers".  I am in I.T. but for example, I am in the Support Eng. group and others in different departments are as well.

Is this something that can be done to make it so that we can say resources in this group can be assigned to projects?

And if it IS possible, is it something that can be setup from A.D.?  We have an extensionAttribute13 for example that we setup for Support Engineer so we can specific in AD who is who.  Matt Carter is in Department I.T. but based on ext.att.13 he should be in Supp.Eng. group.

Thank you!
    Matt

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:28 PM