Configuring BranchCache with SharePoint server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So, the setup as below:

1- In the main site web server with Windows server 2012 R2 & SharePoint 2013 (BranchCache enabled - Firewall disabled - This server joined to the main domain controller)

2- In remote site (Connected through VPN) we have 2012 R2 server configured as Hosted cache server (This server joined to a sub domain - Firewall disabled - BranchCache service installed - SCP registered - I just changed the BCCache path and increased the percentage)

3- In remote site we test a PC with windows 8.1 (we set branchcache with this command only: netsh branchcache set service mode=HOSTEDCLIENT LOCATION=<FQDN>)

However, once i try to copy any file from SharePoint library to the test PC nothing is showing on BranchCache performance monitor also nothing changed on hosted server DataCache size

And off course the speed didn't optimized at all.

Any suggestions ???

Monday, October 12, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that the BranchCache performance monitor on test PC and hosted server DataCache size are not been changed when copy file from SharePoint library to the test PC.

BranchCache for use with SharePoint Server 2013. Reference link below to verify that you have the following memberships:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/jj721440.aspx

Besides, disable related firewall temporarily and check below options:
    1. Ensure that BranchCache is enabled and that both clients are configured to use the same caching mode using the netsh branchcache show status command.
    2. Verify basic connectivity from both client computers to the Hosted Cache using the ping command.
    3. Ensure that the certificate is properly installed and bound to port 443 on the Hosted Cache computer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:12 AM
  • Thanks Eve,

For membership verification, these permissions for which account ??

For points 1 & 2 i configured one client only to use the HostedCache server and i can see it from "netsh branchcache show status"

Ping is working fine also.

For point 3 i didn't install any certificate as we are using port 80

Regards,

Mustafa

Sunday, November 1, 2015 9:12 AM