Family Safety RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to install Family Safety (as Administrator), and I reach the point where I am asked to select the Windows accounts you want to monitor, I select two standard accounts and press "Save", I then get "Please wait while we set up Family Safety", "Setting up...". It just stays like this for hours. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling; I am the only one logged on when doing this

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, with all the latest windows updates, and AVG 2011 is the AV.

thanks

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:12 PM

Answers

• Please temporary disable antivirus and try to install. If the issue persists, boot in Clean Boot Mode and see if you can install properly.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, February 4, 2011 9:23 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 8:54 AM

All replies

• I have the exact same issues on two laptops both running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Tried eveything: have now given-up. There is no support for this issue I have searched and searced.....................
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Please temporary disable antivirus and try to install. If the issue persists, boot in Clean Boot Mode and see if you can install properly.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, February 4, 2011 9:23 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 8:54 AM
  • Arthur,

Antivrus was disabled on the original install. I installed again using 'clean boot mode' but the problem still persists.

Kind regards,

Paul

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:16 PM
  • I can't help resolve this issue but can say it should only take a few minutes at best to creat the account.
    Monday, February 14, 2011 3:44 PM