No published offerings in service catalog on the portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two SCSM 2016 management servers. The portal is installed on secondary management server and connecting itself as SDK server.. Both have Server 2012 R2 OS.

I can create and manage generic requests from the portal but I am unable to see the published service requests. I have published multiple Service Offerings but none are view able in the portal. I am using the same method to publish Request Offerings and Service Offerings and linking them, as used to do in SM 2012 R2.

One thing I had noticed in IIS is that the connection string of portal site contains one connection with the name "LocalSqlServer" and string was "data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true", through I don't see any SQL express installed on portal server. So I removed this one and added a new connection string of remote SQL server where the Service Manger DB is, restarted IIS but portal behavior is still the same.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Umair Nawaz

• Edited by Umair Nawaz Friday, November 18, 2016 4:13 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 4:11 PM

Answers

• After a number of test scenarios found the exact problem area.

When creating a service offering if select any English language option other than "English (United States)" the SO will not appear on the portal, probably because the language selected while OS installation was English (United States).

I have updated all the SOs and now they all appear on the portal.

Umair Nawaz

• Marked as answer by Umair Nawaz Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:06 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to publish some catalog items (Request offerings,service offerings etc.) you must do folowing setps,

1- Create Template

2- Create Request offerings with template that you create first step

3- Create Service offering and add your request offering to this service offering.

4- Create Catalog items group and add that SOs and ROs to that group.

5- Create a security role and choose that catalog item group in scurity role configuration window.

Did you do that steps correctly?

Fırat

Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:24 PM
  • Hi Firat,

Thanks for your reply. I have followed all these steps and still the published offerings are not visible on the portal even for admin account.

Regards,

Umair

Umair Nawaz

Monday, November 21, 2016 6:22 AM
  • After a number of test scenarios found the exact problem area.

When creating a service offering if select any English language option other than "English (United States)" the SO will not appear on the portal, probably because the language selected while OS installation was English (United States).

I have updated all the SOs and now they all appear on the portal.

Umair Nawaz

• Marked as answer by Umair Nawaz Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:06 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:05 AM