Two Edges without balancing: Issues in mobiles RRS feed

• Question

• We have 2 edges (no HLB). So, we have 2x3 public DNS records.

We have noticed that when audio goes for 2 edges at the same time, there are issues on Skype mobiles.

When audio goes only for 1 edge...it Works fine. So, I think that without HLB, mobiles have issues in our situation.

So, I was thinking to buy a load balancer...Could I use a Azure Load Balancer ??

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Rivers75,

Based on my research, I couldn’t find any materials about if Azure load balancer could use for Skype for business server, I will share a document about Azure load balancer
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-overview

Moreover, I will also share a blog about load balancer for SFB edge server
    ttps://devcentral.f5.com/articles/the-hopefully-definitive-guide-to-load-balancing-lync-edge-servers-with-a-hardware-load-balancer

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:02 AM
  • So here the problem is when you open ports towards internet or from internet with Edge interfaces,you need to open same ports between the edge external interfaces.Else it will not be able to proxy between the edge servers.

Edge 1 External Interface should be able to communicate with Edge 2 external interface on all ports which are configured usually towards internet

443,UDP 3478,50k-60k..etc..

Jayakumar K

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:13 AM
  • If we use SfB PC client from outside, we don't have problems. It's seem only mobile clients have this issue

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Rivers75,

Thanks for your response.

Based on your description, I understand there is something wrong when you have audio call with SFB mobile client, is that right?

Which product did you use for reverse proxy?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Yes, only with SfB Mobile client and only when we use 2 edges where audio goes cross both servers...
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:33 PM
  • Hi Rivers75,

Because reverse proxy is the required component for Lync mobility, so we suggest you check the configuration of your reverse proxy.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, June 19, 2017 9:23 AM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 1:48 AM