none
Event ID 1058- error code 3

Question

• Hello,

So I already read the Microsoft support article on this issue (and/or Event ID), but could not find the solution. It would seem that the computers, not the users, can not see the file path with the exception of the primary domain controller. When I checked to see if the secondary DC was or could replicate the GPO policies it seems to be working. I can see both the full sysvol folders (Domain and local) on the Primary DC and I can look up the sysvol share located on the primary DC on any machine; however, if I try to look up the sysvol shared over the domain or on the secondary DC from any machine it is missing three policies folders. I realize this might sound jumbled so I will take screen shots if asked.

Thanks.

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:23 PM

Answers

• We have a Server 2008 and there was no 1030 following it. The problem ended up being that a third server that used to be a Secondary DC server still had a couple references, on our primary DC, indicating it as a name server. I found these references when I did a Nslookup of the domain sysvol share on the secondary DC it resolved to the old server. Once I got rid of those references and flushed the DNS on the secondary DC it worked. Thanks?
    • Marked as answer by Ilertechs Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi llertechs,

Thanks for your post.

What is the OS is it 2003 or 2008? What event logs says in both the DCs?

For error code 3 (The system cannot find the path specified), this error code usually indicates that the client computer cannot find the path specified in the event. This failure may be caused by the DFS Client not running.

Is there a 1030 following 1058?

If yes, you could try all steps in the link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314494?

Also you could check the article, as you only getting the Event ID 1058 only not facing the exact issue itself.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/887303

Please post the full event message for further analysis. In addition, we need to know that what policy did you set that could not be applied.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:13 AM
  • We have a Server 2008 and there was no 1030 following it. The problem ended up being that a third server that used to be a Secondary DC server still had a couple references, on our primary DC, indicating it as a name server. I found these references when I did a Nslookup of the domain sysvol share on the secondary DC it resolved to the old server. Once I got rid of those references and flushed the DNS on the secondary DC it worked. Thanks?
    • Marked as answer by Ilertechs Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:42 PM