SharePoint central administration - restoring a previous one RRS feed

• Question

• After a failure to my SharePoint central administration and my companyweb   I created a new SharePoint central administration. In doing this and while running the SharePoint Products and Technology Configuration wizard, it asked me if I want to disconnect from the current farm which I did I then it created a new farm and a new SharePoint central administration. How can I change it back to my previous one?

Friday, November 12, 2010 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Ooops, if the server was the last server in the farm or the only server in the farm??? Its probably not going to happen. But you can Create new WebApps same as the Old WebApps, Remove the New Content Dbs and add the Old Content Dbs to the New WebApps, IISReset and your content will be restored.

Have fun!

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:08 AM
    Friday, November 12, 2010 11:53 PM

All replies

• Do you want to join server to old Web Farm? You can remove a server from new Web Farm and join to old one via Configuartion Wizard.
    Oleg
    Friday, November 12, 2010 9:31 PM
  • Hi,

Ooops, if the server was the last server in the farm or the only server in the farm??? Its probably not going to happen. But you can Create new WebApps same as the Old WebApps, Remove the New Content Dbs and add the Old Content Dbs to the New WebApps, IISReset and your content will be restored.

Have fun!

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:08 AM
    Friday, November 12, 2010 11:53 PM