MSSQL 2008 Replication: An Error occurred during execution of the SQL Server 2008 Replication Management Pack managed module. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Together,

i have a problem with the SQL 2008 Replication Management Pack. After importing i get an errormessage:

MSSQL 2008 Replication: An Error occurred during execution of the SQL Server 2008 Replication Management Pack managed module.

Module: Microsoft.SQLServer2008.Replication.Module.Monitoring.Monitors.MonitorSubscriptionPendingCmds
    Version: 6.7.31.0
    ---------- Exception: ----------
    Task finished with exception
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.Threading.WorkItem`1.GetResult(Int32 timeout, T& result)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.Base.ModuleBasePropertyHelper`1.GetOutputData(DataItemBase[] inputDataItems)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.ModuleBaseHelper`1.OnNewDataItems(DataItemBase[] dataItems, Boolean logicallyGrouped, DataItemAcknowledgementCallback acknowledgeCallback, Object acknowledgedState, DataItemProcessingCompleteCallback completionCallback, Object completionState)
    in Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.Replication.Module.Helper
    ---------- Inner Exception: ----------
    Got no valid result while trying to run WMI query 'SELECT Name, State, StartMode,PathName FROM Win32_Service WHERE Name like 'MSSQL$'' for the path '\\AAA\Root\Cimv2'. Error persisted after 3 tries.
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.WMI.RetryPolicyWmiHelper.Query(String queryString)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.WMI.CachedWmiHelper.Query(String queryString)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.ModuleBaseHelper`1.IsAvaliableSqlEngine(String dataSource)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.Base.ModuleBasePropertyHelper`1.SafelyOpenSqlConnection(String dataSource, SqlConnection& sqlConnection, Int32 timeout, Boolean rethrowNetworkRelatedExceptions, IEnumerable`1 filteredSqlErrorCodes)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.ModuleBaseMonitoring.GetModuleData(DataItemBase[] inputDataItems)
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.Threading.WorkItem`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__4()
    at Microsoft.SQLServer.Replication.Module.Helper.Threading.WorkItem.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Execute>b__0(Object state)
    in Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.Replication.Module.Helper
    The configuration properties are :
    Subscriber = AAA\BBB
    ConnectionString = CCC\DDD
    SqlTimeout = 15
    TimeoutSeconds = 300
    Publisher = Replication2008

We imported and configured security using the SQL Addendum MP, so i think it could not be a permission issue.

Any help and suggestions welcome.

Greetings,

Udo

News from Forum

• Edited by aladin4711 Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:59 PM
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

are you able to run the WMI query directly on the targeted node?

This one I mean:

SELECT Name, State, StartMode,PathName FROM Win32_Service WHERE Name like 'MSSQL$

It seems that there is a bug in the MP in regards to this, but I am not sure which MPs it is exactly affecting. People are having the same error throughout different MPs. See here:

SSRS 2014: An error occurred during execution of a SSRS 2014 MP managed module

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

• Marked as answer by aladin4711 Friday, December 8, 2017 10:51 AM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

---------- Inner Exception: ----------
    Got no valid result while trying to run WMI query 'SELECT Name, State, StartMode,PathName FROM Win32_Service WHERE Name like 'MSSQL$''for the path '\\AAA\Root\Cimv2'. Error persisted after 3 tries.

According to the description , I found the WMI query failed .

But , it points out the filter string for Name property is "incorrect" .

In addition , Have you imported SQL Server 2008 management pack before importing replication management pack ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

are you able to run the WMI query directly on the targeted node?

This one I mean:

SELECT Name, State, StartMode,PathName FROM Win32_Service WHERE Name like 'MSSQL$

It seems that there is a bug in the MP in regards to this, but I am not sure which MPs it is exactly affecting. People are having the same error throughout different MPs. See here:

SSRS 2014: An error occurred during execution of a SSRS 2014 MP managed module

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

• Marked as answer by aladin4711 Friday, December 8, 2017 10:51 AM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Thank you for the quick answer. Very appreciated. I just tested and it seems really to be a bug with the misplaced apostrophe.

Best Regards,

Udo

News from Forum

Friday, December 8, 2017 10:58 AM
  • I have error in SCOM for one server

"MSSQL 2008 Replication: An Error occurred during execution of the SQL Server 2008 Replication Management Pack managed module."

when running a query on that server

"SELECT ServiceName, PropertyName, PropertyNumValue FROM SqlServiceAdvancedProperty"

for the path "root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11" WMI exception was thrown 0x80041013 (Provider load failure).

Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP3 was installed on that server and I have tried the following workaround with no luck

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/956013/error-message-when-you-open-sql-server-configuration-manager-in-sql-se

After some digging I have noticed that path "root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement10" in WMI also exists and query is successful running against it. Possibly, SQL Server 2012 was previosly installed, then uninstalled and SQL Server 2008 R2 installed.

So, steps to repair are following: delete path "root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11" from WMI. This can be done with wbemtest or wmic command

WMIC /NAMESPACE:\\root\Microsoft\SqlServer PATH __Namespace WHERE Name="ComputerManagement11" DELETE

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:08 PM