windows xp/no audio sound RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows xp and all of the solutions I read about are for vista, what is vista and I can download it for xp or do you have a program that help me restore my sound?

Saturday, November 3, 2007 4:51 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your posting!

To avoid ignoring anything, I summarize your questions as below:

·         What is Vista?

·         Why are the solutions in this forums used for Windows Vista?

·         Can the methods made for Vista be used in Windows XP?

·         Is there a program that can fix the audio problem in your Windows XP-based computer.

If I misunderstand anything, please feel free to let me know.

Let’s talk about the questions one by one.

What is Windows Vista

Windows Vista is the latest version of Windows operating system used on personal computer, produced by Microsoft.

Windows Vista comes with more exciting features and better performance. I think it’s hard to show all of them here. If you want to know more about Windows Vista, I highly recommend you to visit Windows Vista home page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/default.mspx

About this Forum

Microsoft TechNet Forum for Windows Vista is founded for anyone who wants to know more and share more about Windows Vista.

To make the forum more efficient, only Windows Vista related topics are permitted here. Similarly, other products have their own support resources.

Are Sound Problem Methods for Vista available in XP

It depends.

If the solutions are related to compatibility and other changes in Windows Vista, I don’t think they are available in Windows XP.

If the solutions are for questions that also exist in Windows XP, they may be references for you.

According to your post, you may have trouble in playing sound in Windows XP. If you prefer to look for request in communities, I much recommend you to find the questions in Windows XP communities:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/related/default.mspx

Of course, there are many other support resources for Windows XP, you can get their links in Windows XP home page I offered before.

As a Microsoft support, I hope the problem you encounter will be fixed soon. Therefore, finding right methods in right places can help you to solve issues quickly and solidly.

Program to Fix Sound Problems

No such program can solve every problem related to audio.

Gradually, many device problems are caused by incorrect drivers. If you just have such problem, proper driver issued by manufacturer may be the program you want.

Hope it may help!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your posting!

To avoid ignoring anything, I summarize your questions as below:

·         What is Vista?

·         Why are the solutions in this forums used for Windows Vista?

·         Can the methods made for Vista be used in Windows XP?

·         Is there a program that can fix the audio problem in your Windows XP-based computer.

If I misunderstand anything, please feel free to let me know.

Let’s talk about the questions one by one.

What is Windows Vista

Windows Vista is the latest version of Windows operating system used on personal computer, produced by Microsoft.

Windows Vista comes with more exciting features and better performance. I think it’s hard to show all of them here. If you want to know more about Windows Vista, I highly recommend you to visit Windows Vista home page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/default.mspx

About this Forum

Microsoft TechNet Forum for Windows Vista is founded for anyone who wants to know more and share more about Windows Vista.

To make the forum more efficient, only Windows Vista related topics are permitted here. Similarly, other products have their own support resources.

Are Sound Problem Methods for Vista available in XP

It depends.

If the solutions are related to compatibility and other changes in Windows Vista, I don’t think they are available in Windows XP.

If the solutions are for questions that also exist in Windows XP, they may be references for you.

According to your post, you may have trouble in playing sound in Windows XP. If you prefer to look for request in communities, I much recommend you to find the questions in Windows XP communities:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/related/default.mspx

Of course, there are many other support resources for Windows XP, you can get their links in Windows XP home page I offered before.

As a Microsoft support, I hope the problem you encounter will be fixed soon. Therefore, finding right methods in right places can help you to solve issues quickly and solidly.

Program to Fix Sound Problems

No such program can solve every problem related to audio.

Gradually, many device problems are caused by incorrect drivers. If you just have such problem, proper driver issued by manufacturer may be the program you want.

Hope it may help!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:07 AM
  • hi.. i've just formatted my laptop COMPAQ Presario V1000.. the problem is now i don't have any audio drivers and mass storage drivers in my laptop... i don't have any CDs of these drivers because it was given to me from my aunt.. may i know what is those drivers?? i'm getting increasingly annoyed about it... hope u guys can help me !!!

Friday, February 29, 2008 5:08 AM
  • I had to do an XP Pro parallel restore. Since then I can't get any sound, although have checked out everything I can find in Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices. Advice appreciated.

info@thewritingworks.com

Friday, April 4, 2008 7:05 PM