none
Save Conflict. Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm using SharePoint 2013.

I've created a simple List in order to put there the Requests for Holidays, when an item is created it starts a workflow, that has been created using SharePoint Designer 2013, it's also a simple one:

when it starts there is a boolean parameter (Defaults to No), and if it is No then it changes its value to Yes and then it sends an email to the approver.

Once the email has been received, the approver tries to edit the ítem in the SharePoint List in order to change the Request Status (Request, Approved, Rejected) to another value, but when he tries to save it he gets this error:

Save Conflict. Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes

and there is no way to change anything.

Here you have a picture with this workflow:

Can you help me on this issue?

José Espases

Monday, May 26, 2014 1:20 PM

Answers

• Is there anything you are changing in the workflow before this activity, if yes try including a wait for field changes in current item, looks like workflow is holding the item while user is trying to update the item, on another note there was an known problem where in if you had a workflow which started on item changed and within the workflow if you are changing anything it goes in an indefinite loop as workflow tries to modify an item it triggers the workflow over and again which would keep the item on hold and won't let user ever edit with the error message that you are seeing

I would suggest since this is more related to sharepoint if you post your question in sharepoint forum , you might get better answers from the experts :)

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by José Espases Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:01 PM

All replies

• Is there anything you are changing in the workflow before this activity, if yes try including a wait for field changes in current item, looks like workflow is holding the item while user is trying to update the item, on another note there was an known problem where in if you had a workflow which started on item changed and within the workflow if you are changing anything it goes in an indefinite loop as workflow tries to modify an item it triggers the workflow over and again which would keep the item on hold and won't let user ever edit with the error message that you are seeing

I would suggest since this is more related to sharepoint if you post your question in sharepoint forum , you might get better answers from the experts :)

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by José Espases Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Thank you for your answer,

following your suggestion I've included a loop inside the first stage, just to make a pause not linked to any ítem in the list, and now it works fine.

Here you have the new workflow, maybe someone else will find it useful:

Thank you again and regards,

José Espases

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:45 PM