how do I know how many ECALs I need to purchase for my MOSS 2007 environment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to determine how many Users in my environment need an ECAL, is there some was i can get a list of the users?

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:00 PM

Answers

• I am sorry but I did not understand your question. As per my understanding CALs are calculated based on number of users. So if you know number of users accessing the SharePoint then you will need CALs for them. The best approach is to talk with MS licensing representative. If you are planning to mix Std CAL and Ent CAL then you must talk to the MS licensing Rep.

Amit

• Marked as answer by JayShah22 Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:07 PM

All replies

• I am sorry but I did not understand your question. As per my understanding CALs are calculated based on number of users. So if you know number of users accessing the SharePoint then you will need CALs for them. The best approach is to talk with MS licensing representative. If you are planning to mix Std CAL and Ent CAL then you must talk to the MS licensing Rep.

Amit

• Marked as answer by JayShah22 Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Thats right, I am trying to mix standard CALs and Enterprise CALs.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Thats what I thought. You may also want to read the following blog. This will again prove the point that you must talk to MS licensing Rep but at the same time you can start thinking about things you need to do at your end if you are able to use Mix mode licensing.

Mixing SharePoint Standard CALs and Enterprise CALs on the same farm

Amit

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:17 PM