none
Auto save option always defaults back to "5 minutes" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have an organisation with over 100 projects, and something in the order of 40 or 50 PMs. When using Project Pro - it defaults (for all our PMs) as "Auto save every 5 minutes" and to "Prompt before saving" in File -> Options -> Save.

Funny thing is - if a PM changes this option on their PC (to disable autosave, for example). The next time they open Project Pro, it has defaulted back to autosave every 5 minutes.

I would have thought this was a per-PC setting, rather than anything set at the enterprise level (I've certainly never come across such an option as far as I can remember). I've attempted changing the setting with Enterprise Global open to no avail (not surprisingly).

Am I missing something here?

*Edit: We're using Project Server 2010, and Project Professional 2010.

*Edit 2: The setting for "Prompt before saving" seems to be remembered, but changing the timing, or turning auto save off does not.

If not now, when?

• Edited by Denaun Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:23 AM Some additional info
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Denaun,

This is per PC setting. One thing that can be of importance here is that while installing Project Pro,  do Customized settings were used?

Try having fresh installation on a system and see if there is same behavior!

R A A

• Edited by ARaja Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:47 AM
  • This is a PC / client setting. Do you have any group policies in place on the domain?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Marked as answer by Denaun Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:46 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:09 AM
  • Thanks Guys,

I will check into these suggestions and let you know the outcome.

If not now, when?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:41 AM
  • Yes - it appears to be group policy (I'm not a domain admin, and was not privvy to this ever being set). The exact same thing happens to everyone using any Office product. Thanks for your help.

If not now, when?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:46 AM