QSR.ini and SettingsLocation.ini while Sequencing Toad for Oracle 10.1.6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I read few articles telling about while sequencing , open the following files and update the hard coded paths in the file.

CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\SettingsLocation.ini CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\QSR\QSR.ini

The values point to each user appdata folder then what value it should be replaced with. e.g C:\Users\shweta\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\QSR\ should i replace it with %appdata%\Quest Software or CSIDL_APPDATA\Roaming\Quest Software\QSR\ or something else. Please suggest

Also i forgot to do this whiel sequencing and just edit the files under VFS folder whiel saving the project.will that help.

Sequencing takes lot of time and i do not wnat to sequence it again.

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:10 AM

Answers

• Soltuion to the above problem:

Once the license key is provided,it creates runtime entries under

%appdata%\Quest Software\ Toad for Oracle\SettingsLocation.ini
    %appdata%\Quest Software\QSR\QSR.ini

and

HKCU\Software\Quest Software

Just replace the hard core values under QSR.ini and Solution settings from the above mentioned path to

i.e replace C:\users\<usename>\roaming\appdata\

with

Q:\<8.3 format folder>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\

Check in HKCU registry too, if any hard core entry exists then need to replace it that as well.

If already Sequnced

Incase you have already sequenced it,then instead of sequencing it again and wasting 1 more hour just open the package for upgrade, under tools click on sequencing wizard and begin Monitoring

once it says Install the application that time replace the value for those ini files under

<8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA folder instead of %appdata%\

i.e

<8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\SettingsLocation.ini
    <8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\QSR\QSR.ini

Regards, Shweta Karalkar
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:34 PM

All replies

• Well, you don't tell a lot, but i guess that what you need to do is exactly what you say :). Change the hard links for the "new ones" for example:

BEFORE line in ini file -> EXE=C:\Program Files\Quest Software\QSR\Toad.exe

AFTER ini file ->EXE=Q:\<YourPkgName>\QSR\Toad.exe

a hard link its just a literal path, that when you sequence its not good that look at C:\ when you installed it in Q:\.

Hope it helps :).

We can do things in a "Good" way(DEL) or in a "Brute" way(SHIFT+DEL).
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:31 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Soltuion to the above problem:

Once the license key is provided,it creates runtime entries under

%appdata%\Quest Software\ Toad for Oracle\SettingsLocation.ini
    %appdata%\Quest Software\QSR\QSR.ini

and

HKCU\Software\Quest Software

Just replace the hard core values under QSR.ini and Solution settings from the above mentioned path to

i.e replace C:\users\<usename>\roaming\appdata\

with

Q:\<8.3 format folder>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\

Check in HKCU registry too, if any hard core entry exists then need to replace it that as well.

If already Sequnced

Incase you have already sequenced it,then instead of sequencing it again and wasting 1 more hour just open the package for upgrade, under tools click on sequencing wizard and begin Monitoring

once it says Install the application that time replace the value for those ini files under

<8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA folder instead of %appdata%\

i.e

<8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\SettingsLocation.ini
    <8.3 format>\VFS\CSIDL_APPDATA\Quest Software\QSR\QSR.ini

Regards, Shweta Karalkar
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:34 PM