Problem with vista installation RRS feed

• Question

• im having problems with the installation of vista like it says that it cant get in the cd's source and its like almost brand new just a little bit of scratches can u help me i cant install xp it always says error loading OS now im on another pc plz help
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:09 PM

Answers

• Scratches on the media, though small they may be, can lead to MAJOR problems.

Get a copy of the same "type" that is not scratched and retry. (by "type", I mean if you have a scratched copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, find another copy of that particular version.)

You should be able to use a copy belonging to a friend for now since you have a legitimate copy with a valid key as a workaround, but you need to contact MS and obtain a new copy of the media in case you need to reinstall a year from now. Just as an FYI, I always make a working copy of my install discs then put the originals in a safe location so they aren't damaged

Monday, June 9, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Hello,

Not sure if you have fixed this issue. If not, please let us know the exact error message you received during the installation.

Besides, please also check if the installation disk is damaged or not.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:45 AM
  • yes it was very helpful but i managed to make my disc work like really clean it well thank you anyway because in the futur it may happen and i will know what to do Big Smile

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:49 AM

All replies

• Scratches on the media, though small they may be, can lead to MAJOR problems.

Get a copy of the same "type" that is not scratched and retry. (by "type", I mean if you have a scratched copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, find another copy of that particular version.)

You should be able to use a copy belonging to a friend for now since you have a legitimate copy with a valid key as a workaround, but you need to contact MS and obtain a new copy of the media in case you need to reinstall a year from now. Just as an FYI, I always make a working copy of my install discs then put the originals in a safe location so they aren't damaged

Monday, June 9, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Hello,

Not sure if you have fixed this issue. If not, please let us know the exact error message you received during the installation.

Besides, please also check if the installation disk is damaged or not.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:45 AM
  • yes it was very helpful but i managed to make my disc work like really clean it well thank you anyway because in the futur it may happen and i will know what to do Big Smile

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:49 AM