start up porblem RRS feed

• Question

• i have a dell laptop inpiron 14.with windows 7...

when i start my laptop before windows 7 appears ...it takes a lot time to start.

an underscore symbol blings for a long time...before starting..and sometime it doesn"t even start.

i have formated my whole computer but then to same prob...plzz suggest..

Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers

• Is the machine still under warranty?  If so, take it back.  If not...it really sounds like a hardware problem.  I know the software guys always say that and vice versa, but when you say "sometimes it doesn't even start", I strongly suspect hardware.

Could be corrupt CMOS, but being a laptop, your dealer would have to reset that for you anyway.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    • Marked as answer by nilesh pandey Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:38 PM
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Logon with Safe Mode to check if PC can start up.

If issue persists in Safe Mode, the issue should related with hardware like motherboard or HD.

Contact PC manufacturer for further check.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:11 AM

All replies

• plzzz anyone..?
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Is the machine still under warranty?  If so, take it back.  If not...it really sounds like a hardware problem.  I know the software guys always say that and vice versa, but when you say "sometimes it doesn't even start", I strongly suspect hardware.

Could be corrupt CMOS, but being a laptop, your dealer would have to reset that for you anyway.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:46 PM
  • i have a dell laptop inpiron 14.with windows 7...

when i start my laptop before windows 7 appears ...it takes a lot time to start.

an underscore symbol blings for a long time...before starting..and sometime it doesn"t even start.

i have formated my whole computer but then to same prob...plzz suggest..

If reformatting made no difference, it's very likely a hardware issue, not one with Windows. Get Dell to fix it.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:31 PM
  • Logon with Safe Mode to check if PC can start up.

If issue persists in Safe Mode, the issue should related with hardware like motherboard or HD.

Contact PC manufacturer for further check.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:11 AM