none
Origin will not launch following update RRS feed

• Question

• Origin updated itself last week when I tried to open it but it would not complete the install and failed at the point of asking whether I wanted to allow the program to make changes to my computer.

I have spent a week trying to work with Origin help desk and forum to solve this problem but have so far not been able to get it going again and they have suggested to me that it might be a Windows problem.

So far I have tried the following:

Uninstall/reinstall (it would not reinstall)

Clearing the cache

Switching off my anti virus and Ad blocker

Whitelisting on Norton and windows firewall

Refreshed Firefox

Performed clean boot

Downloaded CCleaner and ran it

Updated graphics driver

Flushed DNS

Reset Host file

Created new User Profile with admin privileges

Tried to run as Administrator but it wouldn't open

Ran sfc /scannow (this found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't help)

Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore health (also found some issues, fixed but didn't help)

Ran their 'Uninstall the Hard Way' walkthrough which removed items from the registry

Ran msinfo and dxdiag which they have looked at but not been able to help me with

I have run the compatibility troubleshooter which told me that Origin was incompatible

One of these things (I'm not sure which) helped me to reinstall the program but it still wouldn't open when I tried to run it although it is showing in task manager. If I try to run the Sims from the Desktop icon, it says that it needs a program to run it, so it is not seeing Origin at all.

I would be grateful for some help with this as Origin help have not been able to identify the problem at all.

Many thanks

Sunday, June 30, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• I should add that they pointed out to me that my Windows need to be updated and so I have updated to the new version of Windows 10 but that didn't help either.
    Sunday, June 30, 2019 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

Please go to Origin -> application settings -> installs & saves

Change the "Legacy Game Installers" to another folder on your computer.

Restart Origin and install it.

Let’s see if this works.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 1, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:46 PM