none
Issue Switching Between User and Admin Accounts

Question

• Hello--

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here it goes.

I am one of our company's SharePoint Online admins. I access SPO via the Office Online dashboard and use my privileged admin account to log in.

I also have a single user account for accessing my own O365 email.

I recently lost my bookmarked homepage from a dedicated browser (FF) and now when I try to get to the Office Online admin dashboard/console, I am automatically logged into my O365 personal mailbox.

Once I enter in the email address associated with my admin account, I used to be prompted for my credentials, where I would enter my admin credentials in--then I was taken to the dashboard where I should select the SPO admin console.

How can I access the SPO console and not automatically be logged into my personal mailbox?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Davis

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:53 PM

Answers

• Depends. In general you can access the SPO admin center directly via: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/

Replace the tenant name and try it. But you will have to go over the login process again, so SSO will probably be triggered. Private session should do the trick.

• Marked as answer by Razor8Tech Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:25 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Perhaps your company is using some sort of SSO, thus you are automatically getting logged in with your current credentials. The usual workaround is to use a Private session.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Perhaps your company is using some sort of SSO, thus you are automatically getting logged in with your current credentials. The usual workaround is to use a Private session.

Yes, correct. We use SSO. I had been able to use FF to take me in where SSO wouldn't redirect, but my company implemented mandatory home pages via GPO, and I lost that ability.

Would you happen to know if there is a URL for accessing the SPO admin console? Maybe I can go in directly.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Davis

Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:05 PM
  • Depends. In general you can access the SPO admin center directly via: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/

Replace the tenant name and try it. But you will have to go over the login process again, so SSO will probably be triggered. Private session should do the trick.

• Marked as answer by Razor8Tech Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:25 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:08 PM

Yes, I got that URL naming convention from a PS script, but alas, my local SSO is bypassing my logon regardless--even in private browsing.

I'm going to have to rely on my internal SSO team to configure my account to switch back and forth.

Thanks for the input all.

Stephen Davis

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:25 PM