add contacts from Global Address book (distribution lists) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have a large number of contacts in our Global Address List. I would like to add all the contacts into my personal contact list in outlook. Next to the regular people the Global Address List there are also meeting-rooms and other addresses I don't want to add. Selecting them manually would take a lot of time. We also have distribution lists and groups in our Global Address List which I would like to add. But when I try adding them, I only get the distribution lists and not the single contacts within this list. Is there an easy way to add the contacts within such a list? Thanks!
    Friday, September 7, 2018 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may contact your Exchange admin, ask him/her to export the GAL to a .csv file, then you can open the .csv file in Excel to removing the entries you don't want via filtering. After that, you can import the .csv file into your Outlook Contacts folder.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 14, 2018 9:16 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 6:09 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 14, 2018 9:16 AM