Black Screen on Bootup RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experienced a black screen after logging in on WIndows Vista Business?

I am using a gigabyte 81915PL-G motherboard with 2 gig memory and a Intel 915 Chipset.

All that shows after login in is my mouse cursor and a black screen. The mouse cursor will move but nothing else happens

Thanks for any ideas.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:58 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem and haven't figured out what's wrong either.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:43 PM
  • I finally got it to work by running chkdsk and loading fail-safe defaults in my setup. If I deviate from the fail-safe defaults then I have the same problem again.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:50 PM
  • I have the same problem. I'll try your solution this afternoon. It's put me out of work for a day already.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:22 PM
  • Hey you what my sceen is going black and it doest let me get into the destop I tyed my passord and then it goes black I dont kn ow what's wrong with it. The computer I have is windows Vista and the company is Acer.... Please Help ....
    Monday, June 11, 2007 7:19 PM
  • I finally was able to trace my problem to my anti-virus program from CA.

Once I removed that program everything returned to normal.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:28 PM
  • Try loading fail-safe default in your bios setup. Also checkout your anti-virus program.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:29 PM
  • This exact same issue happened early this week on one of my customers´ new (a month old) Dell Dimension PC coming with Vista Business preinstalled; apparently someone tried to enter the wrong password several times then (probably after reboot) the screen went just black with a moving cursor as described...  I tried all the rescue modes (safe, safe w/networking, etc.) to no avail, fortunately this box includes a rescue option called system repair (if I remember well) that shows on top of the other rescue modes upon pressing F8 at boot time; through system repair I was able to run the recovery option from an already saved restoration point which took the system like 3 weeks back in time, rebooted and bingo.  At this point, I just had to access Windows Update, reinstall a few Vista drivers and updates and reconnect the computer to the local Windows SBS 2003 domain and now the box is back to normal (not sure if this system repair option comes only with Dell boxes or is a Vista feature available to all though...)

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:04 AM