List Item Permissions Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a list where we want the users to only be able to see and edit what they create, so I changed the options to the list to "Create items and edit items that were created by the user" which works perfectly.  However, there will be instances where maybe the person who created it is out and we'll need to assign the item to another user.  I figured editing the permissions on the single item and giving that user full/owner control would override the setting, but it doesn't seem to.  It looks like only owner access for the entire list enables the user to see documents they didn't create.  Is there any way around that?

Friday, May 10, 2019 12:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

There's no OOB ways to set item level permissions. 

Per my test, you need to give user at least Design permission level for the list to see documents they didn't create.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by MikeNJ00 Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:24 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:29 AM

All replies