Best practice Skype for Business On-Premises RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I've got simple question - can someone tell me some know-how or best practice when deploying Skype for Business Server 2015 for small company (maximum 20 users)? 

I understand that it will be Standard Edition, but I'm curious about some experience in terms of availability of services, performance and stability. Are there some recommendations? How should look optimal topology when deploying Standard Edition SfB Server?

How many users can serve one SfB Server? Are there some limits? How good it scale with performance? 

If someone could tell me some use case scenario I would be grateful, thank you a lot! 

Friday, January 27, 2017 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Deleted
    • Marked as answer by vladysko Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:42 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 10:18 PM
  • Hi vladysko,

Because you only have 20 users in your environment, so you could use SFB standard edition.

As a supplement, for SFB SE, it is supported for 5000 users, the function of SFB SE is the same as SFB EE, but for SFB standard edition, it is not supported for high availability, the high availability is only supported for SFB enterprise edition. 

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 6, 2017 1:13 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Hi vladysko,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this case.

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Hi Alice,

the informations I received are sufficient, thank you :) I'm going to use the Excel calculator which looks pretty good.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Hi vladysko,

You are welcome, if you have any other question, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:39 AM