Server Error: Invalid at the top level of the document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have installed ProClarity 6.3 SP2 on Win2K3 SP2 64-bit. Everything is working fine but we are getting this error when we click on Properties in Analytic Server Administration tool. It gives Server Error:Invalid at the top level of the document. Also we are not able see the updated SP2 in the add or remove programs. Please let me know if you have any solutions.

Regards,
    Ram

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Ram,

The SP2 hotfix should resolve the 'Invalid at the top level' message.. what if you try re-installing the hotfix?  What happens if you try re-registering the instance using the FQDN or localhost instead of the netbios name?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have installed SP2 2217 hotfix. But i cannot find out whether it is installed or not. I searched in Add or Remove programs and clicked on Show Updates. But it does not show me that hotfix is installed . Will try out the steps mentioned by you and will keep you posted about the problem. Also i found the ProClarity SP2 is not that much compatible with 64-bit OS and IIS running on 32-bit mode. Any suggestions on this??

Regards,
    Ram
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:51 AM
  • The hotfix updates various .dll files and will not appear in add/remove programs.  You can verify the hotfix by running a diagnostic log at Start>All Programs>ProClarity>ProClarity Diagnostic Utility>Analyze.  The hotfix and ProClarity shouldn't have any problems on an x64 platform as long as it's IIS7 or IIS6 is running in 32-bit mode.  A few other things to try:

Try re-installing ProClarity and creating a new database - does the error appear then?
    Try editing pstore.asp as Martin describes in this post:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/3f697c73-453b-4d3f-b86a-2c214ab845bb/

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Will keep you updated about the issues. Thank once again for the suggestions.

Thanks and regards,
    Ram
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:12 AM