none
DPM 2010 HP EML e-series library support RRS feed

• Question

• Our hp eml103 is not listed in tested library list.

In administration console\management\Libraries i can see only standalone LTO5 drives from my library. Medium changer with slots is missing. In device manager i see Unknown Medium Changer and all LTO5 drives with status "This device is working properly". Library works fine with Backup Exec.

It is possible to use eml with dpm 2010 or 2012?

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM cannot use the in-box generic library driver, you need to get drivers from HP to resolve the "unknown medium changer".

The guidance we're giving customers is if the tape library or standalone tape drive is listed on the Windows server catalog under the hardware / storage section and shows compatible with Windows 2008 X64, then it should work fine with DPM 2010 / 2012. 
    http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 14, 2012 7:35 PM
  • HP doesn't provide drivers for changer.

I manually changed driver to HP Tape Library.  Now i can see the slots, but barcodes not available.

Monday, December 17, 2012 12:52 PM