Issues with File History RRS feed

• Question

• I have always had an internal File History Drive and it worked fine. 

However, after Windows 10 had crashed on my PC, I restored everything from a System Image that I had created the day before but then the File History drive was no longer recognized by Windows 10?

Instead initially I kept getting a message on my PC telling me that my File History Drive was disconnected when in fact it was not.  And when I checked all the settings, File History was turned on; yet Windows 10 deemed the drive as disconnected?

Subsequently several attempts to backup afresh manually have been in vain.  I kept getting the following message:

"We couldn't back up your data.  To find out more, look up error code Ox80070015"

I Googled the error code but none of the "fixes" suggested rectified the problem. 

Now, if I click on Control Panel > File History, it says File History is turned off and the Turn On button is grayed out and cannot be activated.  And if I click on Select a Drive, it says No usable drives were found.  Yet in File Explorer  >This PC > Devices and Drives, the File History Drive (E) is listed.  .  I then formatted the drive hoping that it would be recognized and File History would once again work but in vain.  File History can neither be turned on or a File History Drive selected.

In Disk Management, I also right-clicked on the File History Drive (E) and, from all the options listed, chose Mark Partition as Active but still no joy.  What could be the problem?

I did post this issue on Microsoft Community but was advised to do so on the TechNet  Forums.    Can someone please help?  Thanks.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:00 AM