none
Unable to publish my script to the Gallery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using TechNet for a long time but I haven't contributed yet. I'm quite good at scripting and I decided to share some of my scripts on the TechNet Gallery so I created a TechNet profile, wrote up a little description and attempted to publish my first script. But to my dissapointment I recieved a message that said "Sorry, you don't have privilege to upload a sample."
    How can I get through this error and become a contributor?
    Friday, January 18, 2019 5:58 AM

All replies

• To reduce spam articles in the TechNet Wiki, you need a certain minimum number of recognition points to upload contributions. You get points by having forum replies marked as an answer or marked as helpful. The following FAQ documents how to earn points:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx?#How_do_I_earn_points_

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I also found this article before but it doesn't specifically say how many point I need before being able to publish a script to the Gallery.

And it only says the following regarding uploading samples to the gallery.
    "Each of your contributions is linked to your profile and your recent activities are shown on your profile page.  As your contributions accumulate you may also become eligible to receive points or achievements in our recognition system."

Do you know any specifics about how I can get verified to publish on the Gallery?
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 11:09 AM
  • I believe the admins don't want to have the required number of points known. It would assist the spammers. This blog post discusses a similar issue with the TechNet Wiki, with information on how to earn points.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wikininjas/2018/10/21/sorry-you-dont-have-enough-privileges-to-post-an-article-on-the-wiki/

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 11:32 AM
  • Hmm that makes sense, I hope to have a decorated profile like yours some day. But for now baby steps it seems.
    And I'll be building my personal script repository.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:43 AM