Event ID: 1074 - Source: User32 RRS feed

• Question

• hello, I have only one server with Windows 2011 Server SBS Essentials. Every 6/7 days during night-time it shuts down and I find it off the day after. No hardware problems.

When I boot it an event appears: ID 1074 - source: User32

description: The licensing compliance service has determined a system shutdown (it could be different because I am translating from italian) but the meaning is just it.

Comment: C:\Windows\system32\silsvc.exe (Server) has initiated the shutdown of computer SERVER on behalf of the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM due to the following: previous version API Shutdown

I have only one server, no DC, only Workgroup, 15 clients (Windows xp/7)

This server at the moment is only a storage of data.

Could anyone help me? It is the first time a use this O.S.

Thank you

Friday, April 4, 2014 10:47 AM

Answers

• License compliance service provides not exceed the range defined by the terms of the license agreement, the license service and role management service on the server level.

It is necessary to have the role of Active Directory FSMO is SBS 2011, If ​​you do not own the FSMO roles, then it would have been shut down by the license compliance service.

Please check if you have the role of Active Directory FSMO is SBS 2011.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, April 28, 2014 4:52 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thank you for posting your issue in the forum.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Please capture a screenshot of event 1074, or send the system event log to cts-v-annyan@live.com. The exact event description is more helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:06 AM
  • You mentioned that you have 15 clients, what about users? I would double check how many users you have that actively use resources on the server. 15 is the max for SBS Essentials and if 16 or more use it, you are in violation of the EULA and the server does shutdown after 7 days. If you have more than 15 users and you need to keep them all, I suggest upgrading to SBS 2011 Standard.
    • Edited by HILogics Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:32 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:31 PM
  • I believe you are mistaken.

SBS 2011 Essentials supports 25 users. Windows Server 2008R2 Foundation supports only 15 users and yes if you setup 16 users the Server shuts down due to violation of EULA.

Both server editions do not require cals.

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:40 PM
  • I stand corrected...thank you Wiseman.....I keep getting Foundation and Essentials mixed up.
    Friday, April 11, 2014 10:56 PM
  • <span style="background-color:#ffffff;" title="ライセンス準拠サービスは、ライセンス契約の条項で定められた範囲を超えないようにする、サーバー レベルの役割管理サービスとライセンス サービスを提供します。

">License compliance service provides not exceed the range defined by the terms of the license agreement, the license service and role management service on the server level.

It is necessary to have the role of Active Directory FSMO is SBS 2011, If ​​you do not own the FSMO roles, then it would have been shut down by the license compliance service.

">Please check if you
    have the role of Active Directory FSMO is SBS 2011.

">

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:14 AM
  • License compliance service provides not exceed the range defined by the terms of the license agreement, the license service and role management service on the server level.

Please check if you have the role of Active Directory FSMO is SBS 2011.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, April 28, 2014 4:52 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Any updates, Ftebdo?

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:20 AM