none
Resource overview not showing actual work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to MS Project, so I might have set it up wrong somehow, but I can't seem to find out how to display actual work in the Resource Overview report (and it doesn't calculate remaining work correctly either). It works find when I create a report showinh the project from the Task angle - I can see work, actual work and remaining work. I am using the resouce usage view to enter work and actual work. What I am missing?

Br.

Anne

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:53 PM

All replies

• AnnR-dk --

First of all, it would help if we knew what version of Microsoft Project you are using.  2013 or 2016?  And it would also help if you let us know whether your copy of the software has been updated with the latest updates from Microsoft.  And finally, it would really help if you could include a screenshot to show where the problem is.

Regarding how you manually enter progress in the Resource Usage view, are you entering Actual Work at the task assignment level or only for the resource?  It needs to be entered for each task assignment individually.

I opened a project in which task progress was entered at the task assignment level.  I applied the Resource Overview dashboard report and updated the Resource Status table to include the Actual Work column.  The Actual Work and Remaining Work values in the report are identical to those values for each resource in the Resource Usage view.  Please let us know the answers to my questions and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 4:44 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I use Project 2016. I don't know about the updates, I don't control this myself.

I update actual work in the resource usage view on assignment level, but when I create a report showing this data, the column Actual work shows 0 hours.

Another problem I have found is that the total work per resource doesn't add up correctly.

There must be some settings somewhere that I need to correct to get the correct picture.

I tried to put in screenshots to show the problem, but I am apparently not allowed...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Br. Anne

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:41 PM