Outlook 2016: Printing email in MEMO format or TABLE format reduces LABEL Font in HEADER of report to bellow 1 point (very small, unreadable) RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2016: Printing email in MEMO format or TABLE format reduces LABEL Font in HEADER on report to bellow 1 point

Here is the printed EMAIL : http://docdro.id/t87mfjk

I have set back to original settings for "MEMO Format" in Outlook.

But all settings are as normal.

Where can I change the settings for this template in registry?

• Edited by _Economy_ Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:48 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:47 PM

All replies

• I found a "Workaround" to set Title font-size (Memo-Format) to 72 pixel, but i only helps "half way":

See screenshot here : http://i.imgur.com/W3DqgJU.png

Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

Does this issue happen when printing every single email or just a certain email?

Have you tried printing a meeting item via Memo style to see if the issue continues?

Is the issue replicable if we try to switch to another printer, such as the Microsoft XPS or Microsoft Print to PDF?

>>I have set back to original settings for "MEMO Format" in Outlook.

How did you set back to original settings? Did you manually set the settings back or did you set back via the Reset button?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thank you for your quick reply.

>>Does this issue happen when printing every single email or just a certain email?

yes on every sinlge email

>>Have you tried printing a meeting item via Memo style to see if the issue continues?

Yes i tried now. Here is my result : http://i.imgur.com/bGU9SQ0.png

>>Is the issue replicable if we try to switch to another printer, such as the Microsoft XPS or Microsoft Print to PDF?

I tried "Adobe PDF", "Bullzip PDF", "Microsoft XPS" and 2 Ricoh Printer. The only thing that changes is, that the font size of 72 is diplayed differently (the size changes 20% depending on selected printer). The other labels maintain unreadable.

>>How did you set back to original settings? Did you manually set the settings back or did you set back via the Reset button?

I double-click on "Memo Style" and pressed "RESET".
    I also tried to reset in "Printer options"
    So I tried both ways.

I also tried unistalling complete Office and reinstall Office. It did not help.

Friday, May 26, 2017 10:53 AM
  • We just received a report of this happening yesterday with a client. Identical to original poster's problem. Looks like a recent bug.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 4:09 PM
  • @James: Thank you for this info - very interessting, it makes me feel, I do not have to think about reinstalling windows

Friday, May 26, 2017 5:26 PM
  • All my users are having this issue after the new update also. Doesn't matter what user/computer/ or printer you choose :(.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 6:19 PM
  • Fix for this, 2 of my clients just had that on friday and I did upgrade to the Creator update and that didnt help, I tested with multiple printers and nope.  I had both machines using the SLOW update one.

Change this to the FAST and then run the update and download

If you use Outlook though, they need to fix the search thing, so after you install that

Do the windows key and R and type in services.msc   and hit enter

Go down to Windows Search and double click on it and change to Disabled and then Stop

If you do searches in Outlook it will come up blank, just wish Microsoft would step up and fix this, so annoying.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 3:23 PM
  • @pcitbacktogether: I am not sure if your solution corresponds to the described problem above?

Anyway I tested your solution to fix the "font size issue" on printing emails in Outlook 2016.

In my case it dit not help.
    Saturday, May 27, 2017 3:39 PM
  • It did here, I thought maybe it was the Windows 10 issue and upgraded them to the creator update, and that didnt matter.  I can look at your picture, but when you went to print and the preview shows the name of the sender's email to not be shown or in a 1 font size and same with the line too, but unless you aren't running Office 365 then, the 2 clients I had had the Office 365 Slow version, so if you are running that, make sure to click on Account, (in word or outlook doesnt matter), then click on Office Insider and change that to Fast

Then after click on Update Options and then Check for updates, when its downloading then you can close out of office and wait and see.

Remember though, if using outlook, have to turn off the windows search since if you don't then it won't search in emails.  This did fix the top sender info on printing, sounded like it was what people were getting like 2 of my clients pcs and it fixed that.

Sunday, May 28, 2017 1:35 AM
  • Thank you for this information.

I can tell for sure the problem is related to my current latest version of Outlook : 16.0.8201.2025

I have one PC with "older" Outlook 16.0.4498.1000 and there the problem does not exist.

All machines that updated to 16.0.8201.2025 are running into this issue.

I hope Microsoft sends a fix for this.

Monday, May 29, 2017 1:33 PM
  • Thank you all for the update. I will help submit this issue to our product team via internal way. In addition, as far as I know, 16.0.8201.2025 is an insider version, I'd recommend you revert to a previous version and then see if this issue persists.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by _Economy_ Friday, June 2, 2017 5:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by _Economy_ Saturday, June 3, 2017 6:03 AM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Thank you for this information:

There have been some other places with same information:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2000684-outlook-365-small-font-when-printing

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2000696-how-can-i-get-these-printing-fonts-changed-back-to-default

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10/without-making-a-change-the-header-items/8ae5373e-fb58-4e9e-a0d2-59b50f63a941

Thank you !

It is a bug in the latest Office Insider build.

@Steve: Thank you for catching up!

• Marked as answer by _Economy_ Friday, June 2, 2017 5:00 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 4:54 AM
  • in:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10/without-making-a-change-the-header-items/8ae5373e-fb58-4e9e-a0d2-59b50f63a941

>> A new build just went out for Insider Slow as build 16.0.8201.2075.  This build should have the fix for the issue.  You can try to update to it by clicking File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.  If its not available yet it should be by Monday 6/5. <<

But:

I have updated 2 machines to outlook 16.0.8201.2075...just to be sure.

Issue remains. Font in header still small and unreadable. Tried 4 different printers.

So issue is not fixed yet.

• Marked as answer by _Economy_ Saturday, June 3, 2017 6:03 AM
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 6:02 AM
  • It's a Build Error in 1705. Here is the fix:

I just corrected this issue for my endusers that cannot wait for the updated build fix.

Use ClickToRun to revert to Previous Office 2016 version (I went back to 1704 8067.2157

Instructions to Revert to Previous Office365 Version:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-or-office-2016-click-to-run

In an elevated DOS Prompt:

1. Change Directory to:  

For an Office 2016 installation:

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

2. Then the command/version option:

For Office 2016
    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.xxxx.yyyy  
     For xxxx.yyyy I entered 8067.2157

• Edited by CWB INC Sunday, June 4, 2017 8:57 PM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 8:55 PM
  • The add columns instructions will allow you to see it but we need an option to print the email along side the name just as it does in Gmail.

When printing out an email attached to a bid - the next person will need their email to follow-up and I don't want to manually write in an email address for each one.

When printing from Gmail it shows subject, name, email*, to email, message, and attachment

Outlook should allow you to print those as well.

PS: I tried setting up forwarding from one email to another

(as typically you can hit forward before printing to show the email address and print the draft)

but if I set up forwarding from one email to another it still doesn't show the email ad it would by hitting forward manually.

Double clicking on the email will show the email address but that doesn't help me when printing.

I do not like the way it looks when hitting forward to print it and it's a lot of work to remove the signature and everything so it prints nicely. 

Can someone tell me how I can add the sender's email address to my printed copy of an email without forwarding?  This is important for printing bids to pass along / following up in the future.

Thanks

Friday, August 31, 2018 2:02 PM