Custom windows deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a custom deployment solution for a windows 8.1 image. I have been using MDT 2013 however there are steps that are in the task sequence that I really don't need.

I only need to deploy an image and, if necessary, clean up after that deployment. In the MDT 2013 it seem to leave directories behind, namely minint and _smssequence, I have also noticed that there is a LTIBootstrap.vbs in the root directory of the target drive. I am also not using pxe boot for this as I am trying to develop a solution that will allow application of an image to a client's system that does not have a network.

I have been trying to create a simple program in visual studio that detects the source drive and the target drive and then deploys the image to the target drive, but I can't seem to get it to work in winpe for some reason.

Anyway any thoughts on the subject would be great. If anyone knows a step by step guide for MDT 2013 designed for people that are new to deploying images that would also be good.

• Edited by Ben Ramsay Monday, January 6, 2014 4:55 AM Additional Info
    • Moved by Jessica_Deen Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:41 PM OP's question is MDT related
    Monday, January 6, 2014 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To help you better, I suggest you submit a new case on MDT forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

This is the MDT forum link.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mdt

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by T. Kujala Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:01 AM