Possible rogue programs RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the Anti-malware program from here earlier and I ran it and it cleaned out the save on that i believe was causing my problems earlier!  I went in to double check my current programs listed in the programs file and saw Save On and went to click to take it out and the file is not found!  It is listed as The Bflix and couldn't figure out how to disable it!  There is no file listed in the files area!  Then this other program S.O.Sustainer 180 was a apparently causing me problems so I disabled it in the file area!  I'm still having problems with my Facebook games freezing when trying to play games and get these UNRESPONSIVE SCRIPT ERROR and the UNRESPONSIVE PLUG IN STOPPED WORKING!  I set the script up to 30 a couple of days ago hoping that would alevate the problem, It hasn't! 
    Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:39 AM

Answers

• HI 

Downloading unknown or non market leaders Anti Malware program will always get your PC to be in trouble.

Best is 

Do a Re install

Do not turn Off Firewall 

Keep windows Up to date with all Patches and updates

Pick some antivirus / Internet protection from the below Link on Leaders and install it

http://blogs.antivirussales.ca/en/blog/gartner-magic-quadrant-for-endpoint-protection-platforms/ 

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, July 28, 2014 6:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:44 AM
    Saturday, July 26, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

Seems some important files got deleted by anti-malware program, generally anti-virus software downloaded from  offical website will not delete normal files unless the files got infected by some malware. If some programs are no responsive, It's recommended to reinstall them if possible, run a sfc/scannow in case some system files are missing or corrupted.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 28, 2014 6:30 AM

All replies

• HI 

Downloading unknown or non market leaders Anti Malware program will always get your PC to be in trouble.

Best is 

Do a Re install

Do not turn Off Firewall 

Keep windows Up to date with all Patches and updates

Pick some antivirus / Internet protection from the below Link on Leaders and install it

http://blogs.antivirussales.ca/en/blog/gartner-magic-quadrant-for-endpoint-protection-platforms/ 

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, July 28, 2014 6:25 AM
    Saturday, July 26, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

Seems some important files got deleted by anti-malware program, generally anti-virus software downloaded from  offical website will not delete normal files unless the files got infected by some malware. If some programs are no responsive, It's recommended to reinstall them if possible, run a sfc/scannow in case some system files are missing or corrupted.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 28, 2014 6:30 AM