Photoshop CS4 in windows 7 x64 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I'm coming off a fresh upgrade, or reinstall of windows 7. I'm trying not to have to do another clean install.

Photoshop CS4 extended installs just fine. Bridge loads, everything installed error free.

The problem is that neither Photoshop nor photoshop 64 bit will run. I click the application and it spins the busy mouse for a second and then nothing happens.

No error, no logs, nothing.

Running a Radeon4870 with 9.7 drivers. Have tried reinstalling CS4 many times to no avail.
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:39 PM

Answers

• I haven't used Photoshop  CS4 a great deal, but the 32 and 64 bit versions both work OK for me under Win7 X64. They worked with a Radeon HD4870, but with older drivers than the Catalyst 9.7s. They also work with an nVidia GTX280.

All that I can suggest is uninstalling Photoshop, followed by using the cleanup tool:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

I'm not optimistic, but I hope that helps.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, August 10, 2009 11:01 AM
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

In addition, please try to run the program with Compatibility Mode and see how it works.

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.

Meanwhile, you can also run this program by right-clicking on it and selecting “Run as Administrator”.

If the issue persists, since it is related to the specific software, please also contact Adobe for technical support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:27 AM

All replies

• I haven't used Photoshop  CS4 a great deal, but the 32 and 64 bit versions both work OK for me under Win7 X64. They worked with a Radeon HD4870, but with older drivers than the Catalyst 9.7s. They also work with an nVidia GTX280.

All that I can suggest is uninstalling Photoshop, followed by using the cleanup tool:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

I'm not optimistic, but I hope that helps.
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

In addition, please try to run the program with Compatibility Mode and see how it works.

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.

Meanwhile, you can also run this program by right-clicking on it and selecting “Run as Administrator”.

If the issue persists, since it is related to the specific software, please also contact Adobe for technical support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:27 AM