Routing incoming calls based on source URI (Sonus) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I need to configure the Sonus gateway to route inbound calls to Toll Free number (main number)  based on their area code to their particular response group on my Skype for Business server.

For instance, I have a response group for Chicago with DID 312XXXXXX and I have a main toll free number in which case all the calls come to this particular DID (800XXXXXXX) so I need to route all incoming calls from Chicago to the Chicago response group and the same thing for every other state. 

I made the area codes already so all calls coming from Chicago state is directly forwarded to the Chicago response groups but the only thing I couldn't do is route all inbound calls coming to the Toll Free number to the response groups.

I would appreciate any advise on this.
    Thanks

Area Code

Mohammed JH

Sunday, November 26, 2017 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi moh10ly,

If I understand correctly ,you want all inbound user to call the Free number , use the Free number ,the call will be router to the response groups.

I cannot find settings about how to achieve it on the skype for business server, these settings relate to Sonus gateway, you could connect Sonus and ask for a support.

https://www.sonus.net/customer-support

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by moh10ly Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:48 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi moh10ly,

If I understand correctly ,you want all inbound user to call the Free number , use the Free number ,the call will be router to the response groups.

I cannot find settings about how to achieve it on the skype for business server, these settings relate to Sonus gateway, you could connect Sonus and ask for a support.

https://www.sonus.net/customer-support

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by moh10ly Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:48 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Hi Leon, Yes you're right and I did managed to do it through the gateway. 

It was in the routing table basically. 

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:49 AM
  • Thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:12 AM