1624 - error applying transforms with MDT Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

First, i m sorry if my English isn't the best, hope you will understand me :-)

I just installed a MDT 2013 server on Windows Server 2012. I configured everything i need (Task sequence, application, etc..). But i have a big problem with the application that use MST (with the command Transforms in msiexec).

Does somebody have a idea of what the problem is coming from ?

Exemple with flash : msiexec.exe /qn /i install_flash_player_13_active_x.msi TRANSFORMS=flash_config.mst

The mst is created from the msi with orca.

Hope you will be able to help me

Best Regards

PtitSuisse

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Answers

• I tried something else. I used all information i needed directly in the command lign and it worked.

New command lign : msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

Thank you for your help

PtitSuisse

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:12 PM

All replies

• First of all, I would say this is an application related error not an MDT error, so why not post your question in the Adobe forums?

Second, post your MST or at least the properties you use.

Third, always try an manual or CMD line execution of your command, to verify stuff works, incorporate it in MDT later (when you have determined your CMD line works) This saves time and pain.

Cheers!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, May 12, 2014 1:46 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.

I've oppened a similar post on Adobe forums but still no answer...

I tried with the CMD line but doesn't work either (same error...). I'have tried to recreate my MST file...

Do you have some another idea ?

Best Regards,

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:30 AM
  • What are you trying to achieve with the MST?

Only silent install, or also setting some settings? Like disable auto-update or something like that. Because you try to create registry keys that achieve just the same. Is it desirable -no, but if you want it to work you'll at least need to post your MST so we can have a look at it. And attend yourself indeed to the Adobe Forums.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:40 AM
  • I tried something else. I used all information i needed directly in the command lign and it worked.

New command lign : msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

Thank you for your help

PtitSuisse

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:12 PM