none
MS Project in Network RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir, 

I am interested to implement MS project standard in Network.  The scenerio is as - 

suppose I purchase two license and installed on 5 pcs in network.  Is there any provision for network license so that MS project will run on any two PCs at one time.  

Reply will be highely appriciated. 

Thanks 

Vijay 

Thursday, December 25, 2014 6:42 AM

All replies

• Best to contact Microsoft directly. 

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Thursday, December 25, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Vijay,

Installation and use of software is governed by the End User's License Agreement (EULA) or more currently, the Microsoft Software License Terms. The basic term in that agreement is "One copy per device". So if you buy two licenses you can only legally install it on two machines. Generally, for a single user, that user may install the software on a licensed device (e.g. PC) and another copy on a portable device (e.g. laptop) that is only used by that user.

If you wish to use Project on multiple devices or on a network, you will need to contact Microsoft directly as Rob suggested.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, December 26, 2014 2:06 AM
  • John 

Thanks for info.  I have very good experience with Autodesk product.  We are using AutoCAD in network by using Autodesk LMTOOLS, which manages network license. In this case, though i have two license in network, I can use it more than two PCs in the same network.  Only condition is it will work any two PCs at one time. If one user exit application on his PC, another user can start the application to another PC.   Is there such tool for MS project so that can be used to reduce the cost. 

Thanks 
    Vijay 
    Sunday, December 28, 2014 7:59 AM