none
DHCP - Manage Authorized servers RRS feed

• Question

• I just noticed that when I highlight DHCP then right click and select "Manage authorized servers" I get a list of the authorized DHCP servers on my Domain.  When I scrolled through the list I noticed 4 servers that are no longer in existence on our Domain.  I have highlighted these and tried Un-authorizing them but they stay listed when I scroll back in the list.  How can I get these 4 servers removed from the list?

Francisco Mercado Jr.

Friday, January 20, 2017 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Francisco,

Install ADSIEdit.msc

- Add-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS-Tools

- In ADSI. Connect to your configuration partition. Expand your services container and then netservices.

- Youl will see all the authorised DHCP servers listed. Right click the ones you need to remove. Select the obsolete entries and select delete.

Note: Do not remote DHCPRoot

- If you try to manage authorised servers you will see those you deleted are now missing.

• Edited by V J Meyer Friday, January 20, 2017 2:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by V J Meyer Friday, January 20, 2017 3:20 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 2:39 PM
  • Hi Francisco,

As Meyer mentioned, you could remove it by ADSIedit tools, and please check link below to understand it:

Old DHCP Servers appear in the list of Authorized servers after a Domain Rename

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2009/02/27/old-dhcp-servers-appear-in-the-list-of-authorized-servers-after-a-domain-rename/

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:48 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 3:02 AM