none
SSL Certificate exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have renewed my 3rd party certificate on my Exchange 2010 server.  I use GoDaddy and was able to use the same CSR from when I originally created the certificate three years ago.  Nothing has changed, so this option is most appealing to me.  I have downloaded the .crt file from GoDaddy.

Can anyone help me with next steps?  I see the following options available to me:

Import Exchange certificate - wants me to import a .pfx file with a password

New Exchange certificate - would use this option if it were a first time certificate install; however, I am simply renewing.

Assign Services to a Certificate - seems to be an option if I already have an installed certificate and want to assign services to that certificate.

Renew a Certificate - asks me to save a file as a request (.req).  This seems the same thing as if I were requesting a new .CSR and going through the process from scratch.

If anyone can tell me what would be the easiest way to get this certificate renewed, I would greatly appreiate it.

Note : I have two CAS /HUB servers.

Thanks,

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:20 AM

Answers

• You should not have used the same CSR. Create a new CSR and have godaddy re-issue the certificate. You can then import the cert from the Exchange 2010 management console.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Baseline Technologies

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:56 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:47 PM
  • Hi Technical_Guy,

Thank you for your question.

In addition above suggestions, we could refer to the following link to renew the certificate. As I am concerned, it is the easiest way to get this certificate renew:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee332322%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:53 AM

All replies

• You should not have used the same CSR. Create a new CSR and have godaddy re-issue the certificate. You can then import the cert from the Exchange 2010 management console.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Baseline Technologies

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:56 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:47 PM
  • Hi Technical_Guy,

Thank you for your question.

In addition above suggestions, we could refer to the following link to renew the certificate. As I am concerned, it is the easiest way to get this certificate renew:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee332322%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:53 AM