none
DPM 2012 R2 Backup of ISCSI drive inside VM Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Vm that have ISCSI attached drive with ISCSI initiator. DPM does not see the drives when I do a online backup of the VM. 

What is the way (if there is one) to take the ISCSI drives in the online backup?

Or do I need to take the drive with the agent installed in the VM?

Thank you,

Nicolas Desgroseilliers,

Friday, August 29, 2014 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That is correct, ISCSI / Vfc attached or Pass-through disks are not included in host level backups. You have install a DPM agent inside the guest and protecting the volumes seperatly.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 29, 2014 10:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That is correct, ISCSI / Vfc attached or Pass-through disks are not included in host level backups. You have install a DPM agent inside the guest and protecting the volumes seperatly.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 29, 2014 10:59 PM
  • Thank you!
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:02 AM