none
[MSPS 2013] Quick Launch Issue after migration from MSPS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am unable to make any changes to the quick launch settings in Project Server 2013 after upgrading from Project Server 2007. When I click on the Quick Launch option from PWA Settings, the following message pops up.

Regards

Woon Woon, Gan

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I ran into same issue after Project Server 2007 to 2013 migration. I resolved the issue using below steps.

1) Click on Edit Links

2) You will get error "It seems like order of the items in the quick launch has changed unexpectedly". Click on OK

3) You will now find that the entire ribbon is grayed out and you wont be able to make any changes.

4) Refresh the page in IE

5) Now you will see buttons on the ribbon are enabled.

6) Make any small changes. Like enable or disable any of the link

7) Click on Save and close on the ribbon

8) Your changes will be saved and next time you wont receive error while accessing the Quick Launch

http://www.msprojectnow.com/Blog/tabid/142/entryid/720/Project-Server-2013-Migration-Unable-to-edit-Quick-Launch.aspx

Monday, February 17, 2014 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you check the ULS logs to see if there are any errors? I really need more information to support you on this issue.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:49 PM
  • Hello,

I ran into same issue after Project Server 2007 to 2013 migration. I resolved the issue using below steps.

1) Click on Edit Links

2) You will get error "It seems like order of the items in the quick launch has changed unexpectedly". Click on OK

3) You will now find that the entire ribbon is grayed out and you wont be able to make any changes.

4) Refresh the page in IE

5) Now you will see buttons on the ribbon are enabled.

6) Make any small changes. Like enable or disable any of the link

7) Click on Save and close on the ribbon

8) Your changes will be saved and next time you wont receive error while accessing the Quick Launch

http://www.msprojectnow.com/Blog/tabid/142/entryid/720/Project-Server-2013-Migration-Unable-to-edit-Quick-Launch.aspx

Monday, February 17, 2014 10:32 PM
  • Thanks!! 

Brilliant fix.

Monday, February 29, 2016 2:59 PM