none
Customer receiving windows error "Internet Explorer Add-on Installer - Security Warning RRS feed

• Question

• Customer calling trying to view a report and receives window titled "Internet Explorer Add-on Installer - Security Warning"

where within the field                     Name: activexviewer.cab     and is blocking because of no digital signature.

What can I do to get this fixed & report viewing to continue/

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi ACE Tech,

Thanks for the post!

It means you need to install this ActiveX Controls to view this report. However, it doesn't have digital signature, it's blocked.

Start IE, click Tools - Internet Options - Security tab. Click Custom level, under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" - "Download unsigned ActiveX controls", check "Prompt". When you check that report, it will give you a prompt and choose download it.

If it doesn't work, you can manually install this, refer to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/how-can-i-install-activex-crystal-report-viewer/ad528bd2-1698-4994-a8d1-1c74d4e1129a

Regards,

Miya 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ACE Tech,

Thanks for the post!

It means you need to install this ActiveX Controls to view this report. However, it doesn't have digital signature, it's blocked.

Start IE, click Tools - Internet Options - Security tab. Click Custom level, under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" - "Download unsigned ActiveX controls", check "Prompt". When you check that report, it will give you a prompt and choose download it.

If it doesn't work, you can manually install this, refer to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/how-can-i-install-activex-crystal-report-viewer/ad528bd2-1698-4994-a8d1-1c74d4e1129a

Regards,

Miya 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:45 AM
  • I had this same problem:

Windows has found a problem with this file.

Name: ActiveXViewer.cab

Publisher: Unknown Publisher 

The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher.

Selecting to enable unsigned ActiveX Controls did not work.  I tried this in a combination of the following steps and could not get the Crystal Reports Viewer to work any other way.

First I fished a copy of ActiveXViewer.cab out of the temporary internet files from someone who was trying to get it to run.

I create a batch file copy all the files over into c:\Windows\System32 and then register the files.

After the files were on the system and registered, I would disable Protected Mode, disable all the ActiveX Security settings in IE, then close IE and run it as an administrator.  The report would run.  Then I would go back into the IE security settings and reset them so malware wouldn't wind up on the computer, but the Cristal Reports Viewer would still launch again.

I should reiterate, even when I disabled all the ActiveX security, and ran IE as an administrator, I could still not get this batch file to work unless I had run the batch file to copy all of the files over and register them first, but if I ran the batch file alone that did not resolve the issue.  Tried only running IE as an administrator, and only disabling all the ActiveX security options.  I had to do all of this in order to get this to work.

• Proposed as answer by ParallaxView Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:38 PM
    • Edited by ParallaxView Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:42 PM Additional info.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:38 PM