Exchange 2016 UM and Cisco 7.1.3.32900-4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

has anyone successfully integrated CUCM 7.1.3 with Exchange 2016 UM ?

We are able to call the subscriber number and dial user mailbox extension but when CUCM hands-over the call to the user's voice-mailbox it fails to match the extension with UM mailbox.

We can hear the following message "Sorry the person you are trying to reach does not have a valid voice mailbox on our system” 

I can assure that the test user the proper extension and dialplan. 

Best Regards

Monday, November 20, 2017 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi TAAF,

As far as I know, if CUCM 7.1.3 can work with Exchange 2013 UM, that will support Exchange 2016 UM also, as there are no changes between Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016 UM role.

Moreover, i will move this case to Unified Messaging forum, as they should have more professional knowledge on UM and you may get effective solution timely.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Thanks Niko.

I've followed this guide -> https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2014/04/29/step-by-step-integration-between-exchange-2013-um-and-cisco-unified-communication-manager/ , but still no luck.

The only different part in CUCM 7.1.3 is this one -> https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.net/media/TNBlogsFS/prod.evol.blogs.technet.com/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/00/00/00/48/12/LyncCisco11.png

I only have 1 destination i can configure.

If there's any other good guide, please, tell me.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:59 AM
  • Are you have 1 server with collocated roles, or CAS and MB servers ? This is important, because you need route on cisco side to both CAS and MB UM Services.
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:18 PM
  • This is Exchange 2016 there are no separate roles besides Edge :)
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:04 PM