XP Pro to Vista Business Upgrade BSOD diagnosis from Setuperr.log RRS feed

• Question

• To preserve installed software I have been unsuccessfully attempting to upgrade from Windows XP Pro to Vista Business as a pre-cursor to installing Windows 7. 

Installation completes but on Reboot I get BSOD with 0X0000007B (0X80599BB0, 0XC000034, 0X00000000, 0X0000000) stop code. I understood that this normally relates to a Hard Drive or Hard Drive Controller issue so the Hard Drive has been thoroughly checked and newest motherboard (Asrock P43DE) drivers installed before retrying the upgrade (same result).

I finally examined the setuperr.log but in the 12 pages of print out I can find no reference to hardware or driver issues.  What I did find was issues with "EscMigPlugin.dll  9 (10 1/2 of the 12 pages), errorreportingfaults-dl.man, "COCEventTracing Failed to call StartTrace 87"Autoenrollment, TIntsvr, DfsSvc and SCardSvr.  The last 4 all being "Could not create object" "Skip opening registry entry" "protected by WRP" errors.

I know I could do a clean install but I see this as a challenge.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Monday, March 7, 2016 4:14 PM