Exchange 2010 & Lync 2010 Migration: Resource Forest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

We have two forest: Account A and Resource R. Forest A has the user accounts (1000 users) + Exchange 2003. Forest B is the resource forest

We're going to do this steps:

1) Deploy Lync 2010 (only some features...) in Forest R. For these purpose, we need to create 1000 user account disabled, etc.. (remember...resource forest..). Note: User will have the same name

2) When Lync deployment is finished, we're going to deploy Exchange 2010 in Forest R and move user mailboxes from Forest A to Forest R, share SMTP address during coexistence, create SMTP subdomains, etc.. (remember...resource forest..)

We have some doubt during migration/coexistence. Some details are:...

- When I move the userA mailbox from Forest A exchange 2003 to Forest R exchange 2010, userA can only view on GAL the users with mailbox in Exchange 2010 or contact, ok??

- I need to create (1000-1) contacts on Forest R exchange 2010, for that UserA can find these 999 users (Forest A) on the GAL.

- But, I can't create contacts with the same name that users, because there are 1000 users in Forest R with the same name that Forest A

How can we manage GAL Synchronization in these situation?

We keep in mind FIM 2010, but we've taken a look at this URL http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124677(EXCHG.65).aspx and we have some doubts...

Any solution??

Friday, March 4, 2011 8:31 PM

All replies