SCCM client communication issue with Distribution Points RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed SCCM current branch with 1602 update as Primary site server to my HO location. Also I have deployed one distribution point to remote location.

Now issue is that when I am deploying SCCM client on remote location systems the client installation package request is coming to my Primary site Server.

When I logged in to the client system to check the "ContentTransferManager" log file for DP location, the file is not exist in Windows\CCM\logs folder.

What is the way to check the data transfer on the client systems.

Regards,

Manzoor Ahmed

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:22 AM

Answers

• Dear Sir,

"My query is that when we distribute the SCCM Client package to distribution point and push the SCCM Client to that DP location systems, is that SCCM client package will be push from DP or Primary site Server."

It depends on your boundary groups configuration (Content location on the Boundary Groups properties). You may associate more than one DP to a boundary group, when a client in this boundary group request a location for deployment content, ConfigMgr will send a list of these DPs to the client, then the client will choose the nearest DP to download the content.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712679.aspx#BKMK_BoundaryContentLocation

So you will have to check that if you have associated the remote DP server with this boundary group.

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 6, 2016 4:42 AM

All replies

• CAS.log / LocationServices.log.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have checked the logs but in that log file I am not able to locate my remote Distribution Point for SCCM client distribution and installation.

"My query is that when we distribute the SCCM Client package to distribution point and push the SCCM Client to that DP location systems, is that SCCM client package will be push from DP or Primary site Server.

Regards,

Manzoor Ahmed

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Dear Sir,

"My query is that when we distribute the SCCM Client package to distribution point and push the SCCM Client to that DP location systems, is that SCCM client package will be push from DP or Primary site Server."

It depends on your boundary groups configuration (Content location on the Boundary Groups properties). You may associate more than one DP to a boundary group, when a client in this boundary group request a location for deployment content, ConfigMgr will send a list of these DPs to the client, then the client will choose the nearest DP to download the content.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712679.aspx#BKMK_BoundaryContentLocation

So you will have to check that if you have associated the remote DP server with this boundary group.

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 6, 2016 4:42 AM