none
Reinstall AppxProvisionedPackage for all users

Question

• I had removed Microsoft.Photos app as it wasn't needed but turns out we do need it. I had removed it from AppxPackage and AppxProvisionedPackage.

I have re-added it to the Appxpackage list using:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_16.1118.10000.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

This works and re-adds it to the AppxPackage list but I need to add it back to the AppxProvisionedPackage list which I cannot seem to do easily.

PS C:\Users\administrator> Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | fl displayname

DisplayName : Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller

DisplayName : Microsoft.Getstarted

DisplayName : Microsoft.Messaging

DisplayName : Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes

DisplayName : Microsoft.SkypeApp

DisplayName : Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp

DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsCalculator

DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub

DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsStore

DisplayName : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider

I've tried using dism to readd the package and Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath but it wants a full appx installer.

Anyone know how to reinstall this to AppxProvisionedPackages?

Thanks

• Edited by infotechqld Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:38 PM more info
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We have no way to do so officially if you remove the provisioned package from the computer besides installing it from Windows store.

Alternatively, please upgrade repair your system online image.

If you only want the Microsoft Photos, just obtain it from Windows Store. It's available in Windows Store as below.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:54 AM
  • That's crazy.  

I had thought of adding it back from the Store but you can't run Windows Store under the domain admin account. So again, there goes that.

If I run it from another local account, it's available but being that this is a gold image, I need the app provisoned for new users when they log in. Surely this is fixable? If the AppxPackage is available in the system, surely adding it back to provisoned apps is possible?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:01 AM
  • I had thought of adding it back from the Store but you can't run Windows Store under the domain admin account.

Why cannot you run it under domain admin account?

Above screenshot was coming from my domain admin account.

If I run it from another local account, it's available but being that this is a gold image, I need the app provisoned for new users when they log in. Surely this is fixable? If the AppxPackage is available in the system, surely adding it back to provisoned apps is possible?

No, there is no official standalone provision package for downloading.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:07 AM