none
Percentage complete in project overview dashboard RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello guys,

I have a plan composed by several subtasks and I use a lot the report tools, in particular the dashboard "project overview".

By default, the "% complete" refers to the entire project.

I would like to set the "% complete" (the orange one) in order to show the percentage only for some subtasks of my plan. Is it possible?

For example, in the file attached, instead of seeing 25%, I would read 50% considering only subtasks "part 1" and "part 2".

Regards

Luca

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:45 PM

All replies

• ..sorry, I'm not able to insert image.

Please consider subtask part 1 completed 100%, and part 2-3-4 at 0%.

The percentage complete that MS dashboard shows is 25%.

If I considered only subtasks part 1 and part 2, I would read 50%

I hope it's clear...

• Edited by codeghi Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:47 PM
  • lucale,

You can use Project's grouping feature to isolate specific tasks. In the following screen shot I use Flag1 to isolate tasks 4 and 5 which have a percent complete of 25% and 75% respectively. The group summary line shows the weighted average of 44% (43.75 rounded up) for those two tasks.

I don't have a version of Project with dashboard reports so I'm not sure how this translates but this should get you started.

John

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:29 PM
  • Hello John,

my MS version is 2016, you can find th report in "Report"->"Dashboards"->"Project Overview"

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'd prefer to use the dashboard, because it gives me other useful information about the project.

Luca

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hello John,

I've reconsidered your suggestion in the last days.

Doing some practise on "flag", "filter" and "group" I'm now able to modify the report dashboard "project overview".

Thank you very much.

Luca

Sunday, August 26, 2018 9:00 AM