Autodiscover to SBA/SBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is there any possibility that the skype client uses the "next" SBA/SBS when his Homepool isnt reachable?

For example the User is assigned to the Branch Site with a SBS/SBA in New York. Then he's travelling to Detroit. There is also a SBS/SBA for the branch site. Now the User cannot reach his homepool in New York where he's registrated. Must the User now have to been assigned to the Branch Site in Detroit to use the SBS/SBA or is there any possibility that the Client register to a pool that he can reach automatically?

I think it doesnt make sense that I move every time a User if he travels to another site...

• Edited by frane412 Monday, April 23, 2018 11:33 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi frane412,

For your information, I know you have issue sign in to SFB in Detroit, what error message did you receive, if any error message, please provide it for us.

In my opinion, it may be the network issue between New York and Detroit.

Please check if network had any issue, also try to telnet 5061.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Hi Alice,

there isnt any issue. Its just a possible scenario.

Our employee are traveling a lot between our sites. Everyone of them is registred at their "home" branch site / pool. Now the scenario: their not at them home site and cannot connect to their registrar. Is there any function that the skype client use an other registrar server that is available? Or is this only possible if i move the user manually to an other pool?

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:22 AM
  • In the topology builder i can set a backup registrar pool... but only one... what if this one isnt reachable too?

Or should I set the backup registrar pool like:

Pool A - Backup Pool B

Pool B - Backup Pool C

Pool C -Backup Pool A

?

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:29 AM
  • Not sure if this helps

1. You can either choose to keep him in parent pool and assign him a exclusive dial plan based on the called numbers routing

2. Second option would be to force external Manual configuration to always let the user as external sign in

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:14 PM