How can I connect Proclarity Dashboard and LDAP Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am a newbie in Proclarity and LDAP. I cannot add the LDAP provider in Proclarity Dashboard. When I set the username, password and domain and click Browse in Add Security Provider, It shows that No provider (But  I can use jXplorer to connect the LDAP Server). I' m not sure how to configure Proclarity to connet my LDAP Server.

My LDAP Server:

Domain Name: lserver.example.com

User: Manager

Password: Secret

Please, How can I configure it.

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• You could manually enter the provider string and have it point to the domain name instead of a specific DC:

LDAP://toys.contoso.com:389/DC=toys,DC=contoso,DC=com

A green check mark should appear on the main security providers page if it's working.

Friday, July 25, 2008 1:47 PM
  • When setting up the string, do you have to include the Server name:

LDAP://SABC3CQR01/DC=abc,DC=com

We had a Domain controller server name switch, and when they switched the name, it broke ProClarity, we ended up going into security provider and changed it to the new name and all is fine.  

The question is:   Since the server name above is hardcoded SABC3CQR01, basically anytime this server goes down it will bring this down and we have to go thru pain to change it.  Can we simply remove this and leave it as:

LDAP://DC=abc,DC=com since the server running the app is running in the on the same domain (abc)

Thanks

Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:37 PM
  • You can use a specific DC which is what the wizard will select.  The drawback is, as you found, if that DC is offline or otherwise unavailable the dashboard will stop working.  If you point the LDAP string to the domain instead of a specific server then the dashboard software will use whatever DC is available.  I've never tested an LDAP string without a server/domain name however using the generic domain name in the string instead of the server name should work fine.

Hth,
    Sean
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:51 PM