none
Permissions for changing a calendar RRS feed

• Question

• The permissions in POL are set up in POL mode (not SP).  I have a group that cannot make changes to their calendars in MS Project 2013 (e.g. add holidays) and I can't find where the tick box is to allow this to happen.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

James 

Andrew Binnz

Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:27 PM

Answers

• In that case, part of my answer above addresses this. 

Are you looking to have each project managerhave their own calendar/holidays for their own project? If yes, then it is not possible by default. You will have to enable "users to use local base calendars" for them to be able to do that. (Server Settings >> Additional Server Settings).

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:36 PM

All replies

• The permission is "Manage Enterprise Calendars". It is a global permission.

However, I am not sure if that is exactly what you need. the above is a generally an admin function and not a user level function.

Are you looking to have each project manager have their own calendar/holidays for their own project? If yes, then it is not possible by default. You will have to enable "users to use local base calendars" for them to be able to do that. (Server Settings >> Additional Server Settings).

And finally, i would suggest to see if you can build enterprise calendars in such a way that it caters to most of the organization instead of enabling local base calendars. This is a better centralized approach.

Cheers,

Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna

The pms are in many different countries in Asia and different holidays so it's very hard for them to have a centralised calendar

James 

Andrew Binnz

Friday, May 6, 2016 12:07 AM
  • In that case, part of my answer above addresses this. 

Are you looking to have each project managerhave their own calendar/holidays for their own project? If yes, then it is not possible by default. You will have to enable "users to use local base calendars" for them to be able to do that. (Server Settings >> Additional Server Settings).

Cheers,

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:36 PM